Female cryptocurrency traders in online brokerage Robinhood grew seven-fold since the end of 2020, the firm said in a statement.
- Robinhood said women remain “underrepresented” in its total active customer base, but 40% of active women customers are crypto traders.
- Men account for the majority of the active traders, but the playing field is leveling.
- “These figures are encouraging and prove that crypto can be a powerful tool in decentralizing power in finance,” said Robinhood.
- Robinhood Crypto last month reported 6 million new customers in 2021, with the average transaction size at $500.
- The broker currently offers seven tradeable coins — Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and Litecoin.
- Bitcoin hit an all-time high of $58,300 this year, prompting an influx of traders joining the frenzy.
Leave a Reply