The United States has pushed back the ban on trading of stocks supposedly tied to the Chinese military, CNBC reported.
- The Treasury said the ban was postponed for two weeks to June 11. This was earlier scheduled to take effect May 27.
- The order was announced in November under former President Donald Trump.
- The ban prevents American firms and investors from owning stakes in some 31 Chinese companies.
- The United States last week reached an agreement to remove Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi from the blacklist, allowing American investment in the company.
- China Mobile earlier in May said it is likely to exit from the New York Stock Exchange.
- The telecommunications firm said it will raise funds in the Shanghai stock exchange through the issuance of yuan-denominated shares.
- A representative for the New York bourse expects 60 Chinese firms to list in American markets this year.
1810: HKG is up 1.72%; while 0941: HKG is up 2.66%.