Global media brand Time revealed it has tapped Hong Kong-headquartered Crypto.com to allow cryptocurrency as a form of payment for digital subscriptions.
- Subscriptions with cryptocurrency payments will receive unlimited access to content across Time’s digital platform for 18 months. This includes subscriber-only events and offerings.
- The cryptocurrency mode of payment is initially available in the United States and Canada, and will be rolled out across the globe in the coming months.
- The crypto app said it will give out pay rewards of up to 10% back for subscribers who choose to pay using its CRO coin.
- Just last month, Time auctioned off three of its covers as non-fungible tokens, including its first-ever cover designed exclusively as a NFT.
- Time Chief Technology Officer Bharat Krish said the new payment mode is part of its embrace of digital transformation.
- Crypto.com CEO Kris Marszalek said the partnership is one step forward towards the company’s mission to fasttrack the global shift to cryptocurrency.