Tesla Inc’s solar products will only be sold as an integrated product with its Powerwall Battery starting next week, Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk announced on social media.
- Musk took to Twitter to announce that solar products will feed exclusively to Powerwall which is designed to store energy from solar or the grid.
- The integration will enable a seamless backup of the whole house during power outages. It will be interfaced between the utility meter and the main breaker panel, allowing for a simple install.
- Musk said the Powerwall 2 capability is better than advertised, both in peak and steady capacity.
- The Tesla chief said the company will unlock higher capabilities for free via software update in May.
- The power increase may be below 50% at an ambient temperature of 30 degrees Celsius, depending on the production date.
TSLA:Nasdaq is up 1.65% premarket