Medusa X is a just-released robot that was published on the MQL5 community on December 28, 2020, by Oon Kar Lee. The system receives updates consistently. The last one was on February 19, 2021.
Is Investing in Medusa X a Good Decision?
The robot is too young to say anything for sure. We keep watching its trading performance.
The developer has 11 products on the board. Many of them are five-starred.
The developer is originally from Singapore. The total rate is low as for that big portfolio. There are not only eleven products but also fourteen signals profiles.
Medusa has not so many features:
- There’s still a mention that the current price is available for the next three copies.
- The next price will be $449.
- Medusa runs charts automatically.
- We can work with GBP/USD and USD/CHF only.
- There are Trend EMA, RSI, Volatility filters.
- The average profit is scalping one – 5 pips.
- From risky strategies, the system uses cost averaging.
- It doesn’t run Martingale to recover after losses.
- The developers claimed that trading two currency pairs gives us “even more profits.”
- The robot was backtested on the real tick data with the maximum (99.99%) quality.
- The main time frame is H1.
- To trade two symbols with a minimum lot size, we have to have $500 on balance.
- The leverage can be set at 1:500 or higher.
- There are mentions of IC Market, FXTM, and ForexChief brokers as the best ones for scalping. We’re sure IC Markets is a good one.
- The robot is an easy-to-set-up solution.
- The presentation is featured by a settings list. So, we know what to expect from it.
A copy of Medusa costs $399. The one-month rent costs $120. The three-month rent costs $250 with. We can download a demo copy for free. There’s no money-back guarantee provided as usual.
Verified Trading Results
There’s a GBP/USD backtest shared. The time frame was set H1. It was tested on the four-year tick data. The modeling quality was 99.90%. An initial deposit was $10,000. The total net profit amounted to $64,903. The Profit Factor was 1.86. The maximum drawdown was sky-high – 50.56%. Medusa traded 3421 deals with an 89% win rate for Shorts and almost 91% for Longs.
We have a real SGD account on IC Markets. The account was created on December 07, 2020, and funded at $500. The accuracy rate is 94.1%. The maximum drawdown is 39.3%. The Growth is 70.85%.
The system has closed all months with profits, but profitability went down from 21.41% to 8.01% monthly.
Medusa X has traded 557 deals with 9.92 of the recovery factor. The recovery factor has grown since our last visit significantly. The best trade is 20.49 SGD when the worst trade is -19.45 SGD. The trading activity is high (97.77%). The maximum deposit load is 5.86%. The profit factor is high – 2.7. The annual forecast is 84.01%. An average win is 1.07 SGD when an average loss is 6.33 SGD.
GBP/USD is the most traded currency pair – 433 deals. The most profitable is GBP/USD too – $216.
The deposit load is not so high.
The system experiences consistent drawdowns, especially in the last period.
There are many positive testimonials from people who use the system.
- Strategy – score (6/10)
- Functionality & Features – score (7/10)
- Trading Results – score (7/10)
- Reliability – score (7/10)
- Pricing – score (6/10)
Medusa X is a trend trading robot. The system finds many trading opportunities during a trading week. It has closed all months with profits trading both pairs positively. The pricing is not that high as for the trading results we saw. There are rental options if we have doubts about it. Anyway, the robot is so young to be sure it’s a stable solution to run on the live account.